Tofu in coconut/cashew sauce & fried green beans. Tofu, Cauliflower, sweet potatoes, bell pepper, garlic, turmeric, ginger and simmer in in this coconut curry dish. This Cashew Tofu stir-fry is loaded up with healthy veggies, crispy tofu, roasted cashews, and tossed with a simple ginger stir-fry sauce. These subtly sweet Coconut Crusted Tofu dippers are the perfect vehicle for tangy sweet chili sauce.
It's vegetarian, vegan, and finger-licking delicious. Whip up a quick and easy vegan coconut-based satay sauce for grilled tofu, and have all the vegetarians and vegans at your outdoor barbecue thanking you. Crispy tofu in a super flavorful sweet sauce! You can cook Tofu in coconut/cashew sauce & fried green beans using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tofu in coconut/cashew sauce & fried green beans
- You need 14 oz of extra firm tofu (1 brick).
- Prepare 12 oz of green beans, washed & cut in 2” pieces.
- It’s 1/2 cup of toasted cashews (unsalted).
- It’s 14 oz of unsweetened coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 of ” ginger, peeled & grated.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1.5 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of molasses.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dried scallions.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oil (avoid olive oil this time).
- It’s 1 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- It’s to taste of salt & pepper.
This Honey Cashew Tofu is easy to make and makes a great dinner with rice or noodles! It has these crispy tofu pieces tossed in a sweet honey based sauce with some crunchy cashews. When the tofu is done baking, add it to the peanut sauce and stir to coat. The rice should also be done by now.
Tofu in coconut/cashew sauce & fried green beans instructions
- Halve the tofu brick horizontally and place on paper towels to absorb as much water as possible. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan on high heat, until it glistens. Season the tofu on all sides with salt / pepper and fry at least 4 minutes per side, or until golden and crispy. Be careful not to move it except for flipping, to avoid it from breaking. Reserve..
- Add 1 tbsp oil to the same pan and sauté the green beans for 3-4 minutes, or until blisters appear. Place in a bowl and reserve..
- One more tbsp oil into the pan, and this time add the minced ginger and garlic. Sauté until fragrant (30 seconds, more or less). Add coconut milk, soy sauce, molasses. Turn down heat to low and reduce the sauce to half, stirring constantly, until it thickens and becomes syrupy (this will take some 12-15 minutes)..
- Add cashews and cook in the sauce for 2 minutes. Cube the tofu and add to the sauce, mixing carefully to coat the cubes without breaking them..
- To serve, toss the green beans with rice wine and dried scallions. Serve the whole thing in a bowl with your favorite starch (we used steamed basmati rice). Yummers!.
Serve immediately with chopped cilantro, peanuts and perhaps some Swap unsweetened cashew, almond or soy milk for the full fat coconut milk if you want a lighter, less rich dish. Just four easy ingredients: cashews, garlic, salt, and water! If you are a clever vegan or just a general cashew sauce lover and you already do something amazing with cashew sauce that I have not thought of, I am expecting a full report in the comments. For your holiday party, I have a recipe that will dazzle your guests: soft tofu covered in shredded coconut and paired with a sweet and sour Thai chili. Coconut sugar: A traditional sweetener used in Thailand for curries!