Eastern NC BBQ Sauce. I have tried a lot of recipes of Eastern North Carolina BBQ Sauce. This is the closest to what you will find in any of the BBQ Restaurants here in North This is what makes North Cack bbq the best in the country. I was born and raised in Greensboro, NC and have been eating both "Lexington Style" and.
They call North Carolina, "the front porch of the South" and John Boy & Billy the Mouth of the South. Carl the Cook reins King of our BBQ lifestyle and he knows the heart of that tradition is Eastern Carolina BBQ Sauce. A vinegar based elixir with explosive taste, this is the newest star. You can cook Eastern NC BBQ Sauce using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eastern NC BBQ Sauce
- You need 1 cup of cider vinegar.
- You need 1/3 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 tbs of molasses.
- You need 1/2 tbs of corn syrup.
- You need 1 of ⁄2 tbs Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 of ⁄2 tsp kosher salt.
Tablespoon Hot Pepper Sauce (e.g., Tabasco), or to taste. Check out these other BBQ Sauce options: South Carolina BBQ Sauce Lexington Style BBQ Sauce Kansas City-Style BBQ Sauce Alabama White BBQ Sauce Memphis-Style BBQ Sauce. Eastern NC Pulled Pork and BBQ Sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients in a medium bowl.
Eastern NC BBQ Sauce instructions
- Put in bottle and shake to blend. Ready to use after about 3 days..
- Probably doesn't need refrigeation but we keep it there..
Ah.now I feel like I've really accomplished something. From my uncle's own recipe (or one of them, at least). I knew there was a reason I went home for Thanksgiving. Typically, Eastern NC sauce only consists of vinegar, sugar, salt and hot sauce/peppers. So the ketchup is a no-no for Eastern NC style, if you want to stay traditional.