Strawberry cake with strawberry sauce. I hope this Easy Strawberry Cake becomes a new favorite for you. Wait until you try the super simple strawberry sauce. It will make you want to lick your plate – it's just THAT good!
I could even eat it on its own, but I love to serve this dreamy light cake with honey-glazed strawberry sauce and fresh whipped cream. Most strawberry cake recipes use strawberry-flavored gelatin to give the cake its fruit flavor, but this cake has fresh strawberries baked right in. You'll simmer the fresh berries with salt and sugar to make a ruby-red sauce, mashing the berries as they cook until they're thick and jammy. You can cook Strawberry cake with strawberry sauce using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Strawberry cake with strawberry sauce
- Prepare of Strawberry cake ingredients:.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of plain yogurt.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of .tsp vanilla.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 450 g of fresh strawberry.
- Prepare of Strawberry sauce ingredients:.
- You need 300 g of fresh strawberry.
- You need 50 g of sugar.
Instead of actual cake layers this crepe cake consists of stacked French crepes filled with pastry creme filling and is topped with juicy strawberry sauce. Strawberry Sauce: If using frozen strawberries, first place in a bowl and thaw. Fresh crepe cake with strawberry sauce Crape cake slice with strawberry sauce on white plate on the table background / Piece of cake with mint leaf. Looking for a strawberry shortcake recipe?
Strawberry cake with strawberry sauce step by step
- Butter and dust a 9 inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer beat eggs and 1 cup of sugar until you get light color and thick texture.
- Add 1 cup of plain yogurt, 1/2cup oil, vanilla and beat until well completed.
- Mix together 2 cups flour and baking powder, with mixer add flour mixture to the batter continue mixing just until well combined.
- Prepare 450 g of fresh strawberry for the cake: dice half and slice the second halves.
- Pour half of the texture into prepared pan.top with diced strawberry then spread the other half over the top of texture and cover the surface with halved strawberries.
- Bake at 375•F for 45 to 55 minutes.
- While the cake is baking prepare make the strawberry sauce: in a blender combine 300g of fresh strawberry with 50 g of sugar and bland until pureed..
- Drizzle individual slice with strawberry sauce.
Want to know how to make the perfect strawberry cake? Check out our favourite strawberry recipes here. We have some great dessert ideas using the classic strawberries and cream combination, from dinky donuts to ice cream and eclairs. Frozen strawberries can quickly be turned into a delicious cake filling with some cornstarch, sugar, and water. Reviews for: Photos of Strawberry Cake Filling.