Roasted Chicken and Dumplings.
You can have Roasted Chicken and Dumplings using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Chicken and Dumplings
- Prepare of Chicken.
- You need 1-1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated onion powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground sage.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground Hungarian paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground smoked paprika.
- You need 5-1/2 pounds of whole chicken.
- You need of Dumplings.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of chives.
- It’s 1-1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter melted.
- It’s 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese crumbled.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare of Vegetables.
- It’s 1 pound of carrots.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 quart of chicken broth.
- You need of Gravy.
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 pint of chicken broth.
Roasted Chicken and Dumplings instructions
- Preheat oven 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash, peel, and chop the celery only. Split the carrots lengthwise. Add a lot of the celery leaves. Mix the chicken seasonings..
- Wash and pat dry the chicken. Then spatchcock the chicken. Coat the outside of the chicken with the spices then the inside..
- Add the quart of broth to the roaster. Then the vegetables. Add the chicken on top of the vegetables..
- Mix all the ingredients of the dumplings together. Form the dumplings into bite sized disc, about 1/4 inch thick..
- Roast the chicken 45 minutes. Add the dumplings to the roasting chicken and vegetables. Roast 15-20 minutes..
- Remove chicken to cut and make the gravy..
- Add 1 cup flour and 1 pint chicken broth and make a medium thick gravy. Add the chicken back..
- Serve. I hope you enjoy!!.